Preparing makes sense. Get ready now.
Listed below are several websites that provide valuable information on how people can properly prepare for emergencies:
- Oakland County Emergency Response & Preparedness - www.oakgov.com/homelandsecurity
- State of Michigan - www.michigan.gov/michiganprepares
- American Red Cross - www.redcross.org
- National – www.disability.gov (click on Emergency Preparedness)
- National Organization on Disability - Emergency Preparedness Resources website – www.nod.org (click on Research & Publications, then Emergency Preparedness Materials)
This site Includes text based and PDF information on:
- Disaster Readiness Tips for People with Mobility Disabilities
- Disaster Readiness Tips for People with Sensory Disabilities
- Disaster Readiness Tips for People with Cognitive Disabilities
- Disaster Readiness Tips for Owners of Pets or Service Animals
- For communicable disease information, updates, flu shot information and locations you can visit the Oakland County Health Division website at www.oakgov.com/health. In addition you can visit the Center for Disease Control website at www.cdc.gov.
These videos were created by Accessible Emergency Information. Find more videos with American Sign Language(ASL) interpreters, multi-lingual resources, captioned videos, braille format for download and printing, and documents in large print at: